If you haven’t used a solicitor before, contacting one for the first time can be an intimidating experience! We pride ourselves on being professional while remaining informal, friendly and approachable. You may have a problem but you are unsure whether you need a solicitor, or you are worried that you might get a big bill just for talking to us on the phone. We understand your concerns. We promise that.
- We will talk to you on the phone or meet you to answer any questions you may have before you decide to instruct us.
- We will give you a full explanation of how we charge before you instruct us.
- We will give you a quote for the work we will do if we can. If we can’t we will give you as accurate an estimate of our costs as possible.
- Before you instruct us we will send you our terms and conditions of acting, so that you know precisely what your rights and obligations are. We will not start work until you tell us that you are completely happy with them, by signing them and returning them to us.
- We will not start work unless you instruct us to act for you.
- Before we start work we will tell you precisely what we will do, and how long it will take (if possible).
If you want to talk to one of our directors before taking the decision to instruct us, contact David Vaughan-Birch for a no-obligation discussion.