Ian is Cleggs’ Managing Partner and has been in Private Practice as a Solicitor for 35 years. Ian is Head of Commercial Property and Corporate.
His activities include:
- Commercial property acquisitions and disposals;
- Commercial leases acting for both Landlords and Tenants.
In addition Ian is responsible for:
- Business purchases and sales predominantly of owner-managed businesses;
- Advising in connection with partnership formation and dissolution;
- Company share acquisitions and disposals;
- Advising businesses generally in relation to commercial legal matters;
- All other aspects of commercial property.
0115 977 5800 IanT@cleggssolicitors.com
Mark Williams is a Director and Head of Private Client at Cleggs. Having joined the firm in 1994 he has nearly thirty years experience in wills, trust and probate, and higher value residential property matters, both locally and across the country.
0115 977 5801 MarkW@cleggssolicitors.com
Lisa joined the firm in 2015 and was made a Director shortly afterwards. With more than 15 years’ experience, she specialises in commercial litigation and is also an accredited mediator. She was named in the Legal 500 in 2013. Areas of Lisa’s expertise include automotive, contract and commercial disputes, construction disputes, and credit hire debt recovery. She is also an expert in property disputes (including dilapidation claims and lease termination/renewals), professional negligence and trust disputes.
0115 977 5830 LisaW@cleggssolicitors.com
Alison was made a Director on 1 December 2015 and qualified via the vocational route, initially as a Legal Executive then latterly as a Solicitor qualifying in 2008 from Nottingham Trent University.
Alison specialises in the following areas of work:-
- Commercial and Residential Investment Work
- Sale of Residential Developments – both leasehold and freehold
- Residential Lease Extensions
- Residential & Commercial Leases
- Pension Fund Acquisitions
- Company re-mortgage & property re-structures
- Transfer of Going Concern & Lease Assignment
- Commercial Leases & Lease Renewal
0115 977 5821 AlisonB@cleggssolicitors.com
Fay qualified as a Solicitor in 1990 and has worked for us since 1998. She heads up our Personal Injury department which includes Claire Dickerson, Legal Executive.
She has specialised in Claimant personal injury work since qualification and has particular expertise in work related accident claims as for many years she had undertaken work for a trade union. She also deals with public liability claims including slips and trips, RTA claims and product liability claims.
Her department deals with Claims on a no win no fee basis.
0115 977 5806 FayW@cleggssolicitors.com
Martin Hall is a solicitor and consultant with Cleggs. Martin joined Cleggs in 2009.
Martin specialises in all aspects of Company and Commercial Law, with strong emphasis in mergers, acquisitions, company reconstructions, management buy-outs, business sales, joint ventures, shareholder agreements, partnerships, franchising, and construction contracts.
Qualifying as both a Solicitor and Chartered Accountant gives Martin the broad range of skills necessary to assist in the successful, timely and cost effective completion of his client’s transactions.
0115 977 5810 MartinH@cleggssolicitors.com
Claire joined Cleggs in May, 2018 and advises SME business owners and entrepreneurs on corporate and commercial law. Taking the time to understand you, your business and your aims, Claire will provide straightforward advice on areas including business structure and start-up, financing for businesses, commercial trading arrangements and contracts, and preparing for sale or succession planning through to disposal.
With experience in a wide variety of business sectors, Claire’s particular areas of interest are:
- Buying and selling companies;
- Management buy outs/buy ins;
- Shareholder agreements/joint venture agreements;
- Commercial contracts including supply contracts and business trading terms;
- Banking and finance.
In addition to her legal qualifications, Claire also has a degree in Music. She continues to be active in the local musical theatre scene and is principal trombone of the Nottingham Philharmonic Orchestra. Claire is also a member of the Education & Training Committee of the Nottinghamshire Law Society.
0115 977 5826 ClaireS@cleggssolicitors.com
Nazia qualified as a Solicitor in 2016 and joined Cleggs in 2018.
Nazia specialises in the following areas of work:
- Acquisition and disposal of commercial property
- Commercial and residential investment work
- Drafting and negotiating commercial leases on behalf of landlords and tenants
- Lease documentation, such as assignments, licences to assign and licences for alterations
- First registrations
- Adverse Possession
Nazia enjoys traveling, and going to the theatre.
0115 977 5824 email@example.com
Laura joined Cleggs in August 2018 and has specialised in Employment Law since qualification.
Laura advises on all aspects of employment law including:
- Unfair dismissal
- Constructive dismissal
- Breach of contract/Wrongful dismissal
- Disciplinary issues and grievances
- Drafting contracts of employment and Handbooks
- Redundancy and restructuring
- Settlement Agreements
Laura moved back to Nottingham in 2013, after living and working in London for seven years. Before joining Cleggs, Laura worked for a well-known law firm in Nottingham and has also worked for Lilian Greenwood MP. Laura is also a Governor at Edwalton Primary School.
0115 977 5834 LauraW@cleggssolicitors.com
Kate joined Cleggs in September 2018 and has a number of years’ experience in advising on non-contentious commercial property work.
Kate’s work covers the following areas:
- Adverse possession and other land registry applications;
- Commercial Leases;
- Acquisition and disposal of Commercial Property; and
- A range of other Landlord and Tenant matters, including assignment, licences, and agreement for leases.
Outside work, Kate enjoys fundraising for local charities, going to the gym and supporting Chesterfield Football Club.
0115 977 819 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jo joined Cleggs in 2018, and has specialised in wills, probate and Private Client work since qualification in 1991.
She advises on all aspects of :-
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Deputyship applications
Outside work Jo’s time is devoted to her family and other animals.
0115 977 5820 email@example.com
Jane heads the New Build Property team and has been with the firm for over 17 years. Reliability, commitment to clients’ interests, and attention to detail are always Jane’s top priorities. Extremely personable and popular with clients and Agents, Jane brings a very personal touch to the conveyancing process
0115 977 5803 JaneB@cleggssolicitors.com
Claire joined Cleggs in March 2017. She was admitted as a Chartered Legal Executive in 2002 and has returned to Personal Injury Law after spending 9 years as a Partner within a Legal Recruitment business. Claire has experience of all aspects of work related accident claims including Industrial Diseases. She handles a wide variety of claims from accidents at work, road traffic accidents, slips and trips and Criminal Injuries claims.
Away from work Claire is a busy Mum to her young family and enjoys spending quality time together outdoors.
0115 977 5831 ClaireD@cleggssolicitors.com
Lisa joined Cleggs in 2015 and specialises in new build plot purchases. This includes all aspects of the help to buy scheme as well as part exchanges.
0115 977 5817 LisaS@cleggssolicitors.com
Suzi has been with Cleggs since 2013 and is part of the New build team. Within residential conveyancing she specialises in New Build plot purchases which includes all aspects of the Help to buy scheme as well as part exchanges and private sales.
0115 977 5805 SuziC@cleggssolicitors.com