This policy explains our data processing practices, how we comply with applicable data protection laws, and your options regarding the way in which your personal data is used. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to our processing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of contacts held on our Contacts Database.
The information we collect
Data is collated from various sources, including:
- contacts made by employees during the course of their business
- information arising from the application forms on our website
- requests from individuals to be added to our lists
- responses to invites to seminars and other events
How we use this information
Information about you is held on our contacts database. You may at any time request to see and amend this data; if you would like to do so, please contact email@example.com, or write to us at Apex court, Ruddington Lane, Wilford Nottingham NG11 7DD. Information is used for mailing updates, invites to events, and for collating general marketing information for strategic purposes. If information is used for the latter purpose, it will be used in such a manner that your anonymity is guaranteed. All our staff, and any third parties we engage to process your personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your information.
You are allocated to mailing lists according to either a) your own requests or b) our belief as to which of our services would be of relevance and importance to you. At the bottom of every mailing we send out, we offer you the opportunity to opt out of any future mailings of that type, or indeed, request to be completely removed from our contacts database.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
What’s in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.cleggssolicitors.com (our site).
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who we are and how to contact us
- By using our site you accept these terms
- There are other terms that may apply to you
- We may make changes to these terms
- We may make changes to our site
- We may suspend or withdraw our site
- You must keep your account details safe
- How you may use material on our site
- Do not rely on information on our site
- We are not responsible for websites we link to
- User-generated content is not approved by us
- When we are responsible for loss or damage suffered by you
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- Rules about linking to our site
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
- Our trade marks are registered
Who we are and how to contact us
www.cleggssolicitors.com is a site operated by Cleggs. The firm is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA 45127) and our registered office is at Apex Court, Ruddington Lane, Wilford, Nottingham NG11 7DD. Our VAT number is 116 724284
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0115 977 5877.
By using our site you accept these terms
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- Our Data Protection Policy, which sets out the terms on which we process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. By using our site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time.
We may suspend or withdraw our site. Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
You must keep your account details safe. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to legal advice on which you should rely. You must obtain our professional advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of business.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so with our permission, and in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com
Which country’s laws apply?
Our trade marks are registered
Cleggs is a trade mark of Cleggs Solicitors. You are not permitted to it without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under How you may use material on our site.